Sunday, December 25, 2016 2:10:51 PM
- Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web. It is an open source thats hosted, developed, and maintained on GitHub, spearheaded by folks at Twitter.
- It was designed by keeping in mind people of all skill levels and to become the champion for front end web development. Projects can range from one pagers to highly scalable and high bandwidth projects. Bootstrap 4 is coming soon.
- Sass (Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets) and Less are two most popular preprocessors that are used by the Bootstrap source code while it ships with Vanilla CSS.
- Why use preprocessors? It helps in customization and in extending Bootstrap classes and making them your own. For example: using SASS’s “extend" and then overriding the properties you want to change.
- With bootstrap’s media queries, the framework supports scalable websites and applications to be deployed across phones, tablets, various browsers and operating systems seamlessly from a single code base.
- At its core it is a 12 column fully responsive system, predefined classes the most useful feature, CSS and Java Script built in, Its a framework so requires that you design your stuff in a certain way, Bootstrap requires jQuery.
- Installation through CDN links is one of the most convenient options. Head tag has all the meta and link tags while the Body has the script tags.