Sunday, December 25, 2016 3:02:01 PM
- Why the name CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)? Several rules can apply to a given HTML element. There are general rules and specific rules. Given general vs specific rule, always chose the specific rule. Then the next specific rule and then go from inwards to outwards. Thats why we say the rules cascade.
- The word “style” is used because fundamentally CSS adds style to plain old HTML pages. With CSS you can control the position, alignments, colors, text styles etc. and you can do it at a very granular level. CSS is what makes your content look cool and awesome!
- Human beings like to see visually pleasing stuff and hence good clean design using CSS matters. Apple as a corporation is so successful largely because they understood this principle and applied it so well.
- CSS can be inline or external. However, external CSS is recommended because you can control lot more things through it in a generic way.
- Everything in HTML (markup language) will have a tag and can be identified using class names and ID’s. So using CSS we just use those html tags and control how it will appear.