Sunday, December 25, 2016 4:59:07 PM
- Excel is a spreadsheet program that has calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications. Ever since its initial release in 1985, it has evolved to be the industry standard for spreadsheets edging out competition like Lotus Notes.
- Excel now comes with several predefined templates that serve common use cases that customers tend to use excel for like loan, savings and mortgage calculators. One can simply use them or build on it to customize for specific needs.
- Excel is great at tracking data as well as most math based calculations using the built in formulas. Use its take a tour feature to know some nice details of latest releases as well as use the extensive doc pages and smart look up feature from within Excel.
- Have a big dataset and want to understand broad trends? The Pivot tables are great for giving quick overviews of the dataset at hand.
- Some interesting facts: Excel has about 1000 commands, 200 visual tools like smart art, 16,384 max possible columns in an excel sheet, 1 million 48 thousand 576 rows in an excel sheet which is two power twenty.