Sunday, December 25, 2016 4:00:41 PM
- HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is the de facto language of the internet. At its core, its a tag based language with a simple rule that every opening tag should have a closing tag. All content has to be placed between a suitable tag.
- Examples of some tags: section, aside, div, header, footer, anchor "a", meta, ordered and unordered lists "ol" "ul", navigation "nav", blockquote, image "img", article, paragraph "p", link, @import, pseudo elements & pseudo classes.
- Tags have attributes which are of two types: Informative (en=‘lang') & functional (href of anchor tag).
- "HyperText" refers to links that connect webpages to one another. Links are fundamental to the internet. To be part of the World Wide Web (WWW) upload content to the Internet and simply link it to pages created by other people so that your content can be easily found.
- All HTML elements have attributes and they are either inline or block level. As the name suggests, inline elements occupy only the space between the tags that define it whereas block level elements occupies the entire space of its parent element (container), thereby creating a "block”.